10 Mar 2023
The Hong Kong Jockey Club invites nomination for the Chairman’s Scholarship
The Hong Kong Jockey Club has launched a new scholarship for undergraduate studies in Hong Kong and invites secondary school principals to nominate students in the graduating class for the scholarships, for which the applications are now open.
About The Hong Kong Jockey Club Chairman’s Scholarship
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Chairman’s Scholarship is a prestigious and generous scholarship that aims to attract students with exceptional academic achievements to pursue their undergraduate studies in Hong Kong.
- Demonstrate exceptional standard of academic performance;
- Have a strong intention and likelihood to matriculate in a UGC-funded undergraduate programme at any one of the eight UGC-funded institutions or an undergraduate programme at the HKAPA for their first undergraduate degree; and
- Be taking their university-entrance public examination for the first time in the same academic year as the time of their application.
The Scholarship is open to students in Hong Kong as well as students from Mainland China and other countries and regions.
- The applicant’s track record of academic excellence; such as the achievement of 5** in six or more subjects in the HKDSE or 45 out of 45 in the International Baccalaureate Diploma (or equivalent in other public examinations);
- The applicant’s leadership and non-academic achievements;
- The applicant’s commitment to service and improving the lives of others; and
- The applicant’s financial condition may be considered when applicants are of equal standing.
The scholarship supports students to pursue their undergraduate studies in Hong Kong:
- A one-off cash award at scholarship acceptance
- Full tuition fee, academic and living allowance for the entire normative duration of study towards an undergraduate degree programme
- Overseas learning subsidies
- Participation in the Hong Kong Jockey Club overseas leadership programme
Interested students should apply to this scholarship before they enter university and in their last year of secondary school.
Students currently studying in secondary schools in Hong Kong should apply through principal nomination. Each secondary school in Hong Kong can nominate up to three students with exceptional academic performance for this scholarship.
Interested parties should visit the scholarship website at https://jcscholarships.hk/en/scholarship/chairmans-scholarship. Applications must be submitted via the scholarship website by the application deadline.
21st April, 2023.